1⁄2lb turkey Italian sausage, fresh boneless chickenor 1/2lbshrimp
1⁄2cup fresh sliced mushrooms
12ounces uncooked fettuccine
1⁄2teaspoon kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1⁄2cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Serving Size: 1 (303) g
Servings Per Recipe:6
Calories from Fat 215 g43 %
Total Fat 24 g36 %
Saturated Fat 11 g55 %
Cholesterol 100.6 mg 33 %
Sodium 1001.7 mg 41 %
Total Carbohydrate46.9 g 15 %
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8 %
Sugars 2 g7 %
Protein 23.4 g 46 %
1. Brown Italian sausage, chicken or shrimp and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth, milk and fettuccine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
5. Add in cooked Italian sausage, chicken or shrimp and mix in well.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.