Sausage And Herb Stuffing
- 16 cups Artisan Sourdough Bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 3 large Apples, granny smith or other sweet apple, unpeeled, and diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 ⁄4 pound Turkey Italian Sausage, sweet or spicy, casings removed
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
Preheat the oven to 300.
Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 5-7 minutes. Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove the bread cubes to a very large bowl.
Melt the butter and add onions, celery, apples, parsley, salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add to the bread cubes.
In the same saute pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. Add to the bread cubes and vegetables.
Add the chicken stock and cranberries to the mixture, mix well, and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article