Sheet-Pan Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
It’s definitely not traditional, but it sure is convenient (not to mention, way tasty). With our trusty sheet pan and a few smart supermarket shortcuts, we keep the prep for this weeknight jambalaya recipe incredibly quick and easy.
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced yellow onion (from 1 onion)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided (such as Tony Chachere’s)
- 12 ounces large peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 2(8.8-oz.) pkg. pre-cooked microwavable white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa (such as Tostitos)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 4 scallions)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place sausage and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning; toss to coat. Bake in preheated oven until onions are softened and sausage blisters, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss together shrimp, 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange in an even layer over the sausage mixture. Return to oven, and bake until shrimp is pink, about 4 more minutes.
Stir together rice, salsa, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Spoon over and around shrimp and sausage, and return to oven; bake until rice is warmed through and tender, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions, and serve hot.
Source: Read Full Article