Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
This feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content.Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- Prep 15 min
- Total1 hr20 min
Inspired by the popular Mexican pastry, these cinnamon sugar cheesecake bars—with their sweet cream cheese filling, crunchy-sweet topping and flaky crescent crust—are dangerously good, and dangerously easy to make. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
cup butter, melted
tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Unroll 1 can dough. Place in bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Stretch to cover bottom of dish, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- 3In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Spread over dough in baking dish.
- 4Unroll second can of dough. Firmly press perforations to seal. Carefully place on top of cream cheese layer. Pinch seams together.
- 5Pour melted butter evenly over top. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- 6Bake 30-35 minutes or until bars appear set when gently shaken. Cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate for easy cutting. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
- These bars need to be stored in the refrigerator, but are best served warm. To rewarm, microwave on 50% power 5 to 10 seconds.
- Traditional sopapillas are drizzled with honey at the table, but the bars have plenty of sweet bite built right in. They are most delicious eaten while they’re still warm, but be sure to let them cool for 30 minutes so they aren’t too soft to cut.
- Press out the second can of dough on a lightly floured large piece of baking parchment so you can press the perforations together easily. Then carefully turn the dough over on top of the cream cheese filling, peeling the parchment away.
More About This Recipe
- Can’t decide between sopapilla or cheesecake for dessert? With this clever and easy recipe for sopapilla cheesecake bars, you don’t have to choose—you can have both at once. This easy recipe takes just 15 minutes of prep time, thanks to the time-saving shortcut provided by Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls. And rest assured, it delivers home-baked goodness in spades. To add an authentic touch, serve the bars with a drizzle of honey, just like they do with sopapillas in New Mexico. For step-by-step instructions, check our failproof guide on how to make sopapilla cheesecake bars. Does this sopapilla cheesecake recipe have you craving more? From irresistible Oreo cheesecake to creative lemon cheesecake crescent roll-ups, we have all of Pillsbury’s best cheesecake bar recipes for you to try next.
Source: Read Full Article