Dad's Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
"This was my Dad’s recipe and one of our family’s all-time summer favorites."
- Mix cucumbers, sweet onion, and sea salt together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Turn cucumber mixture into a colander set over a bowl or in a sink; let drain, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has drained, about 30 minutes more. Transfer drained cucumber mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, dill, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl with a whisk until smooth; pour over the cucumber mixture and stir to coat vegetables with the dressing.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cook’s Note:
- You can add some more mayonnaise if the sauce is too runny for your liking.
Per Serving: 320 calories;32.9 g fat;6.9 g carbohydrates;1.1 g protein;16 mg cholesterol;897 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article