Heirloom Tomato Salad with Pickled Ramp Vinaigrette
Active Time: N/ATotal Time15 MIN
Yield: Serves : 6
This simple salad is all about perfect, in-season produce like onion-y ramps and juicy heirloom tomatoes. It sits well and makes a great potluck or barbecue side salad.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickled ramp brine plus 1 cup chopped pickled ramps (such as Blackberry Farm), divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 pounds heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pound), halved
- 2 medium-size sweet Maui onions (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1/2 cup fresh leafy herbs (such as basil, tarragon, parsley, and chervil)
How to Make It
Whisk together olive oil, rice vinegar, pickled ramp brine, 11/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Layer heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, onion slices, and herb leaves on a serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Scatter chopped pickled ramps over salad, and drizzle with pickled ramp vinaigrette.
Order pickled ramps from Blackberry Farm, or substitute pickled onions.
Source: Read Full Article