Peppery Greens Salad with Avocado, Chicken, and Tortilla Croutons
Active Time: 25 MINTotal Time40 MIN
Yield: Serves : 4
Crispy, pimentón-dusted tortillas stand in for the flatbread traditionally found in the Lebanese bread salad fattoush. Make this recipe with easy homemade Tex-Mex Tortillas or use your favorite store-bought version.
- 4 Tex-Mex Flour Tortillas
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 cups packed arugula
- 3 cups torn frisée (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cored radicchio
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup salted roasted pepitas
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush both sides of tortillas evenly with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and paprika. Place tortillas directly on rack in preheated oven. Bake until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool completely, about 10 minutes. Break tortillas into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Whisk together vinegar, honey, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Add arugula, frisée, chicken, radicchio, avocado, pepitas, and tortilla pieces; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange salad on a platter; serve with lime wedges.
Source: Read Full Article