Sirloin, Celery and Cherry Salad
Active Time: N/ATotal Time30 MIN
Yield: Serves : 4
Chef Asaf Doktor of the Tel Aviv restaurant Dok tosses his chargrilled steak with a crunchy, tart-sweet, jalapeño-inflected mix of celery and red cherries.Slideshow: More Salad Recipes
- One 1-pound sirloin steak, cut into 4 individual steaks
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño—stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 celery ribs, thinly sliced, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and halved (10 ounces)
How to Make It
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until browned and rare within, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the ½ cup of olive oil with the lime juice, sliced shallots, jalapeño and garlic. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the steak with the sliced celery, cherries and half of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with celery leaves. Serve; pass more dressing at the table.
Source: Read Full Article