Tabbouleh with Pine Nuts and Almonds
Active Time: 40 MINTotal Time1 HR 20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 4 to 6
Chef Yousef Hanna’s nutty, crunchy twist on the classic Middle Eastern salad is mainly herbs and vegetables with a smattering of fine bulgur. Slideshow: More Tabbouleh Recipes
- 1/2 cup fine bulgur
- Boiling water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 medium tomatoes—halved, seeded and finely diced
- 8 cups lightly packed parsley leaves, finely chopped (from 1/2 pound parsley)
- 1 cup packed mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
How to Make It
In a large heatproof bowl, cover the bulgur with at least 2 inches of boiling water. Cover and let stand until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the pine nuts and almonds for about 8 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool. Finely chop the almonds.
In a large bowl, toss the bulgur with the tomatoes, parsley, mint, scallions, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, pine nuts and almonds. Season the tabbouleh with salt and serve.
Source: Read Full Article