Hoisin pulled pork baps with apple sauce
1.3kg pork belly joint
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice seasoning
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp oil
150g hoisin sauce
500ml bottle Asahi beer
500g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Bramley Apples, peeled, cored and diced
200g Waitrose Trimmed Leeks, chopped
25g light brown soft sugar
4 giant soft white baps
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC,
gas mark 7.
2. Unroll the pork and pat dry. Mix the 5 spice with the honey, oil and hoisin, and spread some over the pork. Stir 400ml beer into the remaining mixture and pour into a roasting tin. Add the pork, skin side up, and roast for 30 minutes.
3. Turn the oven down to 150ºC, gas mark 2, cover the pork loosely with foil and roast for a further 1¼ hours, remove the foil and cook for 1¼ hours until tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook the apples, leeks, sugar and remaining 100ml beer in a medium saucepan for 10 minutes until softened, season.
5. Remove the skin from the pork and shred the meat, mixing it into the juices in the tin. Serve in baps with the apple sauce.
Source: Read Full Article