Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
"This rich, creamy, tomato soup is easily made in a slow cooker and features Italian plum tomatoes and half-and-half. It makes for a great go-to on a cold winter day."
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add plum tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, parsley sprigs, salt, and sugar to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High until tomatoes are stewed, 3 to 4 hours. Remove parsley sprigs.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Stir half-and-half into pureed soup. Cover and cook until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- You can use a food processor to puree soup. Work in batches. Be careful as soup will be hot.
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetable broth if preferred.
Per Serving: 199 calories;9.6 g fat;25.6 g carbohydrates;6.4 g protein;22 mg cholesterol;1353 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article